1.Ungkapan
simpati terhadap sesuatu yang menggembirakan:
– Fantastic
– How nice
– How wonderful
– I’m pleased to hear that
– I’m (very) glad to hear that
– Nice to hear that
– Great
– Fantastic
– How nice
– How wonderful
– I’m pleased to hear that
– I’m (very) glad to hear that
– Nice to hear that
– Great
2. Ungkapan simpati terhadap sesuatu
yang tidak menyenangkan:
– I am sorry to hear that
– How awful
– That’s too bad
– How terrible
– Oh, poor you, what happened to you
– I am sorry to hear that
– How awful
– That’s too bad
– How terrible
– Oh, poor you, what happened to you
3. Untuk merespon ungkapan simpati, kita
dapat mengucapkan seperti berikut:
– Thanks / thank you
– You’re right
– That’s right
– Thanks / thank you
– You’re right
– That’s right
Berikut ini adalah beberapa contoh percakapan
/ dialog bahasa inggris expressing sympathy
Kaka : I am sure. I get some good news
today.
Kiki : Yes. You’ve just got two letters. Here you are.
Kaka : Thanks (reading the letters) Oh no!
Kiki : what is it? It’s a bad news?
Kaka : Yes. My aunt passed away last week.
Kiki : Oh, I am sorry to hear that.
Kaka : Aku yakin bakalan dapet kabar gembira hari ini.
Kiki : Ya, kamu barusan dapet dua surat, Nih.
Kaka : terima kasih (membaca) Oh tidak!
Kiki : Ada apa? berita buruk ya?
Kaka : Iya, bibiku meninggal minggu lalu
Kiki : Oh, Aku turut berduka cita.
Kiki : Yes. You’ve just got two letters. Here you are.
Kaka : Thanks (reading the letters) Oh no!
Kiki : what is it? It’s a bad news?
Kaka : Yes. My aunt passed away last week.
Kiki : Oh, I am sorry to hear that.
Kaka : Aku yakin bakalan dapet kabar gembira hari ini.
Kiki : Ya, kamu barusan dapet dua surat, Nih.
Kaka : terima kasih (membaca) Oh tidak!
Kiki : Ada apa? berita buruk ya?
Kaka : Iya, bibiku meninggal minggu lalu
Kiki : Oh, Aku turut berduka cita.
Beberapa Contoh Expressing Sympathy
- I’m sorry to
hearthat. ( Saya sangat sedih mendengarnya.)
- I know how’s your
felling. ( Saya tahu bagaimana rasanya. )
- Be patient, It’d
be Ok very soon. ( Bersabarlah, itu akan segera membaik )
- I sympathize about
thesituation that happened ( Saya bersimpati atas semua yang terjadi )
- What an terrible
situation for you ( Betapa situasi yang mengerikan untukmu )
- I cannot tell you
how sorry Iam ( Saya tidak bisa mencritakan kamu betapa sedihnya aku)
Contoh Responding Expressing Sympathy
- I do hope so. (
Saya benar-benar berharap begitu )
- Thank you somuch.
( Terima Kasih Banyak )
- I really
appreciate ur sympathy ( Saya sangat menghargai rasa simpati kamu )
- Thank you for ur support.
( Terima kasih atas dukunganmu )
- Thank you for ur
sympathy. ( Terima Kasih atas simpatimu.
PERCAKAPAN 1
Contoh Dialog atau percakapan Expressing
Sympathy
Tita: Why do you look so tragic Mayang ?
Mayang : I lost my wallet.
Tit: I’m sorry to hearthat. In what manner
would you be able to lost your wallet. At the point when did it happen?
Mayang : I don’t know precisely, But I think when I
went to the business sector.
Tita: You ought to contact the police and make a
declaration about losing wallet
Mayang : Oke Amy, Thank you such a great amount
for your backing. I will attempt it.
Terjemahan dalam
Bahasa Indonesia :
Amy: Mengapa Anda terlihat begitu sedih Mayang?
Mayang: Saya kehilangan dompet.
Amy: Saya sedih mendengarkannya. Bagaimana kamu bisa
kehilangan dompet kamu. Kapan itu terjadi?
Mayang: Saya tidak tahu persis, tapi saya pikir ketika saya
pergi ke pasar.
Amy: Kamu harus menghubungi polisi dan membuat pengumuman
tentang kehilangan dompet
Mayang: Oke Amy, Terima kasih banyak atas dukungan kamu. Saya
akan mencobanya.
PERCAKAPAN 2
Parker : Hi Pieter, how's your life?
Pieter : Hi Parker, not so good. I
have just got a news from my brother that his wife gone.
Parker : Oh my God, I am so sorry to hear that. May your brother
be strong to accept this.
Pieter
: Aamiin. Hi parker. I have a plan to visit him this afternoon. Do you
want to come?
Parker :
Sure, why not. I am going to be with you. Let's buy some gift for him.
Pieter
: Yup. I really want to meet him. I want him to share his sadness with
me.
Parker :
I know what you feel, brother. I have experienced when my uncle gone.
Pieter
: I am sorry. I didn't mean to make you remember that.
Parker :
It's okay.
Parker :
Hai Parker, bagaimana kabarmu?
Pieter
: Hai Parker, tidak terlalu baik nih. Aku baru saja mendapat kabar dari
kakakku kalau istrinya meninggal saat operasi melahirkan.
Parker
: Ya Allah. Aku turut bersimpati buatnya. Semoga kakakmu kuat
menerimanya.
Pieter
: Aamiin. Parker, Aku berencana untuk mengunjunginya sore ini. kamu mau
ikut?
Parker :
Tentu saja. Aku akan bersamamu. Ayo kita belikan beberapa buah tangan untuk
beliau.
Pieter
: Ayo. Aku benar-benar ingin bertemu dengannya. Aku ingin dia berbagi
denganku.
Parker :
Aku tahu apa yang kamu rasakan. Aku pernah mengalaminya ketika ayahku
meninggal.
Pieter
: Maaf, aku nggak bermaksud membuatmu mengenangnya.
Parker :
Nggak apa-apa.
PERCAKAPAN 3
Dani mengalami kejadian yang tidak menyenangkan. Dia mendapatkan nilai C dalam
ujian matematika. Dani lantas bercerita kepada Dona, teman dekatnya. Bagaimana
tanggapan Dona terhadap kesedihan yang dialami Dani?
Dani
: Hmm. Why does it always happen to me? (talking to himself)
Dona :
Wow. What's up dear? Does something bad bother you again?
Dani
: I got C in Math exam.
Dona
: Don't worry about it. You can try again on the next exam.
Dani
: No matter how hard I study, I never get the score higher than C. It
seems that God isn't fair to me.
Dona :
Hei, you don't need to complain like that. Let us find the solution. not talk
the problem. Okay?
Dani
: I'm sorry. I'm out of control.
Dona :
It's okay. Keep calm and tell me what your difficulty in Math later. Now we go
to canteen and have some meals first. Ok?
Dani
: Ok. Thanks, Dona. You always care to me.
Dona :
That's what friend supposed to be.
Dani
: Hmm. Kenapa ini selalu terjadi kepadaku? (berbicara sendiri)
Dona :
Wow, Ada apa? Ada hal tak menyenangkan menggangumu lagi ya?
Dani
: Aku mendapatkan nilai C di ujuan matematika.
Dona
: Nggak usah khawatir. Kamu dapat mencobanya lagi di ujian berikutnya.
Dani
: Seberapa keras aku belajar, aku tidak pernah mendapatkan nilai yang
lebih baik daripada nilai C. Tuhan sudah berlaku tidak adil denganku.
Dona :
Hei! Kamu tidak perlu berkeluh sampai seperti ini. Yuk kita cari solusinya,
bukan ngomongin masalahnya.
Dani
: Maaf. aku lepas kendali.
Dona :
Nggak apa. Tenang dulu dan beritahu aku kesulitan kamu tentang pelajaran
matematika nanti. Sekarang kita ke kantin dulu, oke?
Dani
: Ok. Thanks ya Dona. Kamu selalu mengerti aku.
Dona :
Yah itulah yang namanya sahabat. hehe
PERCAKAPAN 4
Amy : Why do you look so sad Novi ?
Novi : I lost my wallet.
Amy
: I am sorry to hear that. How can you lost your
wallet. When did it happen?
Novi : I don’t know exactly, But I think when I went to
the market.
Amy : You should contact the police and make a announcement
about losing wallet
Novi
: Oke Amy, Thank you so much for
your support. I will
try it.
Terjemahan dalam Bahasa Indonesia :
Amy: Mengapa Anda terlihat begitu sedih Novi?
Novi: Saya kehilangan dompet.
Amy: Saya sedih mendengarkannya. Bagaimana kamu bisa
kehilangan dompet kamu. Kapan itu terjadi?
Novi: Saya tidak tahu persis, tapi saya pikir ketika
saya pergi ke pasar.
Amy: Kamu harus menghubungi polisi dan membuat
pengumuman tentang kehilangan dompet
Novi: Oke Amy, Terima kasih banyak atas dukungan kamu.
Saya akan mencobanya.
Percakapan 5
Santo : Hi Tantri, do you know my sister, Iren?
Tantri
: Of course I know her so well, she is my brother’s best friend.
Santo
: She passed away this morning.
Tantri
: Oh my God, I am so sorry to hear that. Is she sick?
Santo
: No, she got an accident when she went home last night. She was hospitalized
but…
Tantri
: Go on, I am here with you.
Percakapan 6
Tini : Hello, Wanto, you look dejected. What’s wrong?
Wanto
: My grandma passed away in Surabaya, Tini.
Tini
: It’s terribly. I am sorry to hear that, Wan. How old was she?
Wanto
: She was eighty seven years old.
Tini
: She was old
Wanto
: the doctor said that she had been having a hard time with many complications.
Tini
: When is her funeral?
Wanto
: Tomorrow. I am going to buy a ticket to go to Surabaya now. Do you want to
accompany me?
Tini
: I know how you feel. I am here with you. I will accompany you. Don’t worry.
Percakapan 7
Gesta : I heard that you have cancelled your flight to
go abroad.
Heidy
: Yes. My mother didn’t allow me to go.
Gesta
: What a terrible situation.
Heidy
: Thank you. I think I’ll focus on some business here.
Gesta
: The fact that your mother didn’t allow you to go is unpredictable.
Heidy
: Yes. She is the one who always supports me. I have to cancel my business in
German.
Gesta
: Maybe, she worries about you.
Heidy
: Maybe. I don’t know.
Percakapan 8
Sandra : I heard that Tiara got
an accident.
Wita : Yes,
the accident has her them away. I hope she rest in peace.
Sandra : I know
how her parents feel. I sympathize with them.
Wita :
That’s very kind of you.
Percakapan 9
Lika : Finally I pass the
mathematics test. It is really a difficult test.
Mila : Yes.
I’m happy for you. I didn’t pass the test.
Lika : How
come? What a pity! You have to study harder. I believe that you cando better
next time.
Mila : Yes.
I think I can ask the teacher to have another test, and also I need her to
consult.
Percakapan 10
Putri : Where is your new wallet
that I bought you it for you last week?
Putra : I
lost it this morning. I think I dropped it somewhere or maybe I forgot whete I
put it.
Putri : Oh
what a nuisance. You also lost your money then? You have to be careful next
time.
Putra :
Yes, and also my ID Card. I will search it again at home in case I just forgot,
not lose it.
Percakapan 11
Yuna : So, when are you going to
go to Los Angeles?
Jesika : I
should have left last month, but …
Yuna :
What’s the matter? What’s wrong?
Jesika : My
visa to go there has not been ready yet until now.
Yuna : What
a terrible situation? I’m very sorry to hear that.
Jesika :
Thanks. You are a kind friend.
Viki : It
will be on your left side. It’s on the corner, next to the Police office. Do
you want me to repeat it?
Peter : No,
thanks. That was a very clear direction. Thank you very much, sir.
Viki : It’s
fine. Take care
PERCAKAPAN 12
Dialog simple
Dian : hai hima
Hima : hai dian
Dian :
how's your life?
hima : not so good. I have just got a news from my
brother that his wife gone.
Dian : Hello, Wanto, you look dejected. What’s wrong?
Hima : My grandma passed away in Surabaya,
Tini.
Dian : It’s terribly. I am sorry to hear
that, Wan. How old was she?
Hima : She was eighty seven years old.
Dian : She was old
Hima : the doctor said that she had been
having a hard time with many complications.
Dian : When is her funeral?
Hima: Tomorrow. I am going to buy a ticket
to go to Surabaya now. Do you want to accompany me?
Dian : I know how you feel. I am here
with you. I will accompany you. Don’t worry.
Hima : by the way Why do you look so sad dian ?
Dian : I lost my wallet.
Hima
: may
be you forgot put it
Dian
: may be
Hima :Where is your new
wallet that I bought you it for you last week?
Dian : I lost it this
morning. I think I dropped it somewhere or maybe I forgot whete I put it.
Hima : Oh what a
nuisance. You also lost your money then? You have to be careful next time.
Dian : Yes, and also
my ID Card. I will search it again at home in case I just forgot, not lose it.
Hima : I am sorry to hear that. How
can you lost your wallet. When did it happen?
Dian : I don’t
know exactly, But I think when I went to the market.
Hima : You should contact the police and make a
announcement about losing wallet
Dian : Oke Amy, Thank you so much for
your support. I will
try it.
hima :
That's what friend supposed to be.
Dian :
see you next time
Hima : see you
THANKS.YOU HAVE LOOKED MY DIALOG SIMPATY .GOOD LUCKLY
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar